Thursday, August 25, 2016

Duty

August 21 - DUTY

'Discipline says I need to, Duty says I have to and Devotion says I want to'. 


'Duty should be a byproduct of who we truly are, and what we value, and what is important to us'. 


Today's meditation has me thinking about what I do out of 'duty'? 


What in my life is an horrendous unenjoyable ritualised task due to the feeling of having no choice but to fulfill an obligation? 


(And no Mark a daily bowel movement is not the kind of 'doody' I am talking about LMAO). 


The definition of duty is: A moral or legal obligation, a responsibility. 


So if you think of it in that way, most of what I do is out of duty of some kind but it has turned into an expression of love and so I continue to do it, freely and willingly. Maybe? I don't know! 


I've been sitting here chatting with Mark about this topic (well more debating) and each thing we've thought of has a motivating force 'of love' behind the reason why I do the majority of the things I do in my life. The only things we could really come up with that I do out of a duty is to pay my bills, taxes, bookwork and the gardening lol BUT even each of those have a reason behind them, a motivating force which comes from a place of love SO the duty for them is secondary - a by product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!