Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Who were you before the world told you who you should be?



WOW! That is such a powerful question!


A few months back I had my little boy Jazz who is 11, come home from school upset because its all so hard for him (he has Global Development Delay) and he had noticed that he doesn't always do the same work as the other kids. 

He asked me, 'Why am I different Mum'?



I could of gone into the 'clinical' reasons behind it but instead I reminded him of how amazing he is and all the things that he can do that I can't; like riding a skateboard for instance. I have tried several times but decided that broken bones were not worth it lol...I totally suck and can't even stand on it without both of my boys holding me up, one on each side. But I digressed, where was I? I was telling him how amazing he is.... 


Anyway that seemed to appease him somewhat and the conversation ended.

Recently when having a conversation about what my boys want to be when they are older, my baby boy paused, thought about it for a little while, then comes out with 'I just want to be myself'.

What a perfect answer! 
All I can ever ask for my boys is that they be happy with who they are and what they choose to do in life. Provided of course they always remember the morals and values I have raised them with.

Do not allow yourself to be labeled....you are so much more than a title, a condition, a descriptive word. You are YOU and there is only one of you out here in the big wide world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!