Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Alone Time

August 31


"So you see, imagination needs moodling, - long, inefficient, happy, idling, dawdling and puttering." - Brenda Ueland.


When was the last time you just sat and looked out into a great expanse of nothing and allowed your mind, your body to be still?  Just breathed in and out, completely still in your thoughts and movements?

I used to do this on a regular basis but lately I have been so caught up in the hustle and bustle of dealing with life that I had forgotten my coping strategy, forgotten to allow my self to breathe and to trust in the higher power; be it GOD, Buddha, Brahman, Allah, Great Spirit....whatever your belief - a higher source of power, out there in the universe.

It was nice to be reminded about my alone time today, especially as winter draws to a close - waking from our hibernation state to open up a new season, embracing new growth and new beginnings.

Today I got some really good news. I have been approved for my university funding. YAY right? Well, it was for about 30 minutes and then the feeling of euphoria faded.

Unfortunately, my mind has been racing overtime with what ifs and indecision over which course I really want to do and whether or not to do the course which appears to be the easy way out and yet not the one that ultimately fulfills my hearts desire and it has left me feeling lost and confused and deflated rather than elated.

SO after opening up my book tonight and reading today's meditation I made the choice to take some time out and be still before I make a decision.

I really wanted to just rush in to enrolling into a course and getting started because as you may of read in my previous post, patience is not one of my strong points and I had been impatiently waiting for aaaaggggeeeeessssss to hear the amazingly wonderful news that I was given today; but instead, I decided to take some time to just be still. To stop over analysing everthing! To stop trying to figure it all out! To trust that internally I know the answers and if I don't then I will be guided in the stillness.



This is an awesome song that says it all perfectly!

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you! Go with your heart Tash and know that you can achieve anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mel, having wonderfully supportive people in my life makes things easier xo

      Delete

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!