Thursday, January 17, 2019

Tuesday 15th January 2019


Yes, I'm in a shit of a mood!

I had my first appointment in relation to the prophylactic mastectomy today. It was with the Psychologist. We discussed everything from my childhood up until now. Well as much as you can in an hour anyway. 

The only real question/s she asked that I felt were relevant (although I know she was accessing my mental health and capacity to make such a big decision) include, "what is the relationship you have with your breasts like"? & "how much time have you had to make your decision"? 

We also briefly touched on my plan for recovery eg. support base, whether I could afford to give up work.  

Apparently I was supposed to have had the plastic surgeon appointment BEFORE this one, so it was somewhat a waste of time as we couldn't discuss the details of the actual proceedure and the full impact it may have based on my choices. 

Oh well at least it means we have the history out of the way now. Going back over past 'stuff' is quite emotionally and mentally draining, but at the same time it does make one see how resilient they are, and/or how much they still need to release. 

Anyway I'm over the day, have a migraine from hell and need sleep ready for work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!