Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Monday 7th January 2019


I worked in the morning and then spent the afternoon madly cleaning and setting up the house ready for my Uni friends Donna (& her fam) and Kim to arrive.




To say I was a jittery mess of nervous excitement is an understatement.  Donna and I had met a few times for exams and hospital city trips, but we had never spent more than a few hours together and time always seemed to fly past. Kim lives in NSW and so the three of us had only ever chatted via messenger...mind you, 'almost' every day for two years is a pretty awesome way to get to know each other.  Without them I would of quit uni several times but they are my sanity crew and I would be so lost without them. 

Kims train was delayed by an hour and they missed the connecting train by a few seconds which meant that I got to just sit and relax for a little while...well as much as I could anyway. Mark said I was like a bouncy school kid LOL! As time got closer to them arriving I grew more and more excited, so much so, I drove down to the station half an hour early as I just couldn't sit at home any longer LOL! Good thing I did though as it meant I got to capture this amazing sunset over the station.


With each check in text..."on train to BM", "at Rockbank", "at Melton", the feeling of anticipation grew, to the point my stomach felt as though it had a million butterflies doing aerobatics inside it. And then their train arrived...omgoodness, seeing their beaming faces from behind the class door was the best sight ever but it was definitely trumped by being able to hug them both.  All of us finally being together in person felt so surreal and was truly a dream come true. 

We arrived home, got everyone introduced and settled in, had some dinner (spag bol - thanks to my sweet man) and then spent the rest of the night (until the wee hours of the morning) chatting, laughing and soaking in the awesomeness of being in each others company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!