Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Finding MY purpose...

Day 3's questions posted by Sonja relate to digging deep benealth the "layers of fears and unworthiness", peeling back the layers, being completely honest and real and revealing my true purpose. 

Let the paint stripping process begin!

How do you enjoy spending your free time?

*In nature!  Whether that be pottering in my garden or out in the middle of the bush beside a river bank watching the ripples form and rocks be tumbled.  Or sitting in my back yard beneath our glorious oak tree just listening to the rustle of the leaves in the breeze. Or at the ocean with my feet buried deep into the sand as I watch the waves ebb and flow.

*Reading!  In winter I find so much comfort in being snuggled up in a comfy chair with a good book and cup of herbal tea or hot chocolate!  In the warmer months, laying back in my hammock under the shade of a beautiful tree with a glass of moscato feels my cup immensly.

*Being creative!  Playing my guitar and writing songs and poetry.  Painting/Drawing, making Jewellery, Crocheting/Knitting...anything that makes me feel as though I am creating something beautiful and worthwhile to leave behind.

*Spending quality time with family/friends!  Quality to me is devoting real TIME to that person, not just a rushed visit, but one where we get to fully immerse ourselves in each others company.

*Simply being still and snuggling with my family!

If money wasn't a factor how would you choose to spend your time?

*I would pay for a years rent in advance, buy a 4WD, caravan and all camping essentials and I would pack up my family and tour this great land of ours for 12 months.

*After touring Australia, I would pay for another years rent in advance and tour the world, travelling to all those places that I have only ever seens images of.  I would want to truly experience life in that place...not just purely be a tourist!  First and foremost, I would take my family to NZ so we can immerse ourselves in the Maori culture.

Note:  If I am being completely honest and real here, as much as the lack of finances prevents this from happening, the biggest thing that holds me back is the fact that it means being away from my Mum for so long.  Problem solved...if money isn't an issue, I will pay for her to come with us!  Mind you, she wouldn't leave my Sister (understandably, as that is a factor for me also) and so her little family of four would have to come with us too...maybe in their own 4WD and van though.   Oooooh, another option could be to pay for their airfares to meet up with us in different locations every couple of months!

*Once travelling was out of my system, I would study (Naturopathy, Wholistic Counselling/Wellness Coaching to name a few), write/play/record music, volunteer my time helping somewhere I was truly needed.

When do you feel most ALIVE?

WOW what a tricky question!

I have certainly known I was alive on those days when I would finish training and my heart would be beating at a 100 miles per hour and my blood would be pumping around my body ultra fast LOL!

Seriously though, there are so many different moments that I can recall where I have felt truly alive...

*Moments during motherhood where I am truly and deeply engaged with my awesome boys.
*Work days when I fel like I have deeply connected and made a difference in a clients life.
*Time spent with friends where I have been deeply engrossed in meaningful conversation.
*Times where I have performed my original songs for a small intimate gathering.

Reflecting up on those moments, I believe that I feel most alive when I feel as though I have given something unique of myself to someone, and made a positive and lasting impact upon them.

What are the last five instragram profiles you followed?


What do you LOVE to talk about?

Honestly, I LOVE talking with people about their faith, whether than be religious or spirtual or a combination of both like my own. 

I also LOVE talking about peoples fears, passions, likes/dislikes, what moves them, what makes them tick...all of the types of questions that have been answered in the last couple of blogs.  

What could you talk about ALL day, everyday?

All of the above!

Memories of my Dad!


What are the last five books you bought? Have you read them all?


The last five books I have bought myself are all text books for school and so yes I have read them all.  I won't list all five, but I will share the two that I enjoyed reading most:

1.  Lindlahr, H. (2010). Nature cure. Miami, FL: Hardpress Publishing.

2.  Beinfield, H & Korngold, E. (1991). Between Heaven and Earth a guide to Chinese Medicine. New York: Ballantine Wellspring.

In regards to books just for personal pleasure, these have all been gifted to me.

1.  The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson.  I got this from my Brother In Law as a Kris Kringle present.  As yet I haven't read it.

2.  Light Is The New Black by Rebecca Campbell.  This was a gift from my Sister and sadly I have not read it in its in entirity as yet.  I plan to change that by the end of this month.

3.  Rise Sister Rise by Rebecca Campbell.  As per above, my sister gifted me with this book last year for my birthday, I am still yet to read it.

4.  The Spy by Paulo Coelho.  Mum got me this one and yes I have read it, and like all of Paulo's books, I absolutely loved it!  Oooh that reminds me, I will be spoiling myself and purchasing his new book Hippie.

5.  Working Class Boy by Jimmy Barnes.  My Mum gave me this one for my birthday last year and as yet I haven't read it as I really want to have the sequel on hand first.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!