Saturday, January 12, 2019

Ace turned 15!

January 2nd 2019 

Today my sweet boy Ace Riley turned 15!


I am sure I say it every year, but WOW time flies by so fast! It only feels like yesterday I was carrying him in my belly and telling him how much I can't wait for that first cuddle. And then that moment arrived...I never truly knew what love was until then, he took my breath away and filled my life with meaning all at the same time (abeit covered in black poop from head to toe), 15 years on and that sentiment still stands. Being his Mum makes me beam with pride...yes, even on those rare occasions where he challenges me and pushes the crazy psycho Mum button! He is like me in so many ways! 


Anyway I will say the rest with a poem written especially for Ace by his Step Dad who adores and treasures him as if he were biologically his (an affection that is returned - the bond they share is just so heart warming).    

Our boy was born upon this day Fifteen years ago. 
A boy, no longer, now a sweet young man. 
How through those years he's grown! 
Not just in stature and shoe size, 
But in his character. 
His caring nature, love of life 
A giant-sized protector! 
Today we celebrate his time 
With us upon this Earth! 
How truly blessed we all feel 
That today is Ace's day of birth! 

Our day started with the usual tradition of the birthday boy waking up to decorations and presents ready and waiting.


I get so much joy watching my kids open gifts and being so thankful for what they receive. Some may say that I spoil them, and it is probably true... 

Another tradition is a breakfast of Maccas - hot cakes are the fav! How and when exactly this one started I don't know, but it saves me cooking I guess! 

The rest of the day was fairly cruisy...he had phone calls from Glenn (the boys Dad), Aunty Skeet and Pa - which was hilarious as he was so proud of the fact he remembered all on his own! And visits from Charles, Louis (forgot to get a pic), James, Zac (the latter two also stayed the night) and Mapa! 


During the traditional cake ceremony (you know light candles, sing Happy Birthday, shout Hooray, blow out candles, cut cake, touch bottom kiss closest girl (aka Mapa), make a wish...), Mapa sprayed everyone with silly string which saw us all laughing. We all dug into our cake (icecream ofcourse) in search for our mini freddos...Jazz and James got 7 each...the rest of us averaged 3...ripped off! So much fun sharing our crazy antics with others. 


Then it was bike rides, trampoline jumping and xboxing until the wee hours of the morning...until this Mumma got a little cranky due to having work the next day and pulled the plug!


All in all I would say that he had a great 15th birthday! 

Oh and tomorrow we are heading off to the movies as the one he wants to watch doesn't come out till then...I'm sure there will be a blog! 

For me personally, the best part of the day was him taking time out for our Mumma and Birthday Boy selfie.  


He is sitting on my knee for this pic.  He was going to shrink down but my words of advice were "Do not make yourself small for others, stand tall and they will rise to you, because you are worthy of them doing so"! 

I love you baby boy...yesterday, today, tomorrow and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!