Saturday, January 12, 2019

Summer Scorcher...

January 4th, 2019 

I slept so deeply that I didn't hear my alarm which meant missing my chiropractor appointment for my back (the car battery being flat also contributed there). I really dislike letting practitioners down and not showing up (I did call and let him know what happened), as I know that if I've booked someone in for an appointment, I then rely upon that income...one of the downfalls of running your own business I guess!  Anyway, Louis was on his way home by 9am, Mark was back with Hosanna by 10am, and the weather was already well and truly confirming that we were in for our first 'real' day of an Aussie summer. 

My phone said we reached 43, WOW absolute scorcher!  


We had planned to head out to the local pool around lunch time, but the humidity triggered Jazz's asthma and so we opted to say indoors with the aircons on. The house was so cold that while the 3 kids were happily playing on their electronics, I was snuggled under the doona watching Bird Box...which also meant I could hide quickly for the scary/gruesome bits LOL! Aside from one moment where the fuse blew and the power went out, it was a fairly cruisy day. Luckily Mark was able to fix the fuse *phew*, albeit having to cool it down in front of the aircon first. In hindsight maybe having 3 aircons and fans in every room was a little OTT! 

Around 5pm it had cooled down to below 40 so we decided to hit the local pool and catch up with our friend Mel (check out her blog HERE) and her family.  I always love how well the kids get along and it was awesome for Hosanna to be able to spend time with an old friend (read all about that friendship HERE on Mels blog).  


The bonus ofcourse was that I got to catch up with Mel, chatting with her is always so easy and I always feel so uplifted after our time together.  I admire the way she parents 6 kids all on her own, that in my eyes is Super Mum status! What stands out most for me is the carefree smooth nature of her parenting style...outings and adventures with 2.3 kids is enough of a task let alone with 6! And yet, I check in on her life on insta/facebook and think WOW...how do you do it? Not to say that it's always a breeze, afterall lifes challenges pop up for us all, but she is clothed in strength, dignity and draws strongly upon her faith to walk with grace...truly someone I am proud to call my close friend.


Ofcourse hitting the 'local' pool also meant seeing some other faces I knew too, something I love about living in a small community. By 7.30pm the cool change had arrived and as much as the water was so nice the goosebumps had appeared. The seagulls had also started chirping (aka kids were hungry) so we made plans to grab some fish'chips and met up at a local park. As it turned out a hundred plus other locals had also decided not to cook that night (again I bumped into a few friendly faces and got to have a quick chat which was really nice), and so the long wait meant we had an opportunity to head home and get some warm clothes on...note to self: remember to pack for every season! We finally got our order and headed off to meet up with Mel again, where the kids had fun hanging out and the adults got to chat and laugh at me being freaked out by the horrible 'Freddy Krueger' sillohette sculptures (funny not funny). 


It truly was such an awesome way to spend a hot summer day, it is always so much fun and I look forward to our families making more memories together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!