Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 4, Week 3

View my Food / Exercise Calorie Diary HERE:  I'm not in negative calories like I thought - whoo hoo!  Feeling quite happy about that (strange feeling, being happy that I got food in, rather than the other way around).

After feeling shitty for the past couple of days I decided that only I could change my reality and so I opted for a day full of positivity and productivity.  I woke up early (6:45am), jumped in the shower and got everything ready before the boys even woke up, a very rare occurance.  After school run it was time to hit the Gym with Sarah, a good friend of mine who is also on a journey of her own.  We decided that first thing was first and that we needed to have a chat.  I am so glad that we did because she really helped me to feel better about myself and put some things into perspective, it is so interesting getting an outside view on things.  

Today I worked on my Treadmill Interval Training which involved me keeping track of my heart rate and getting it into the Fatburn zone and then pushing it up into Cardio and then dropping it to Fatburn and then back up again and so on and so forth.  Its amazing how fast 30 minutes goes when you are busy concentrating on something other than walking/jogging.  I also managed to do 6.5 minutes on the rower to 1000 meters at a resistance of '8' and then 10 minutes on the Elipical Trainer doing one of the programs which spices things up a bit.  This won't seem like much for some but for me it is a huge achievement; I ran for 2 minutes @8kph and 1 and a half minutes @9kph - amazing!!

After Gym we headed out for a coffee (or, in my case Chai Latte - skinny of course).  My afternoon then consisted of running around town taking a picture here and a picture there, school pickup and some work on the computer.  Hence, the reason Dinner was a Pie and Chips - Glenn threw something together so I could work - he can be such a sweetie! 

Tonight I hit the Gym again but this time to do an hour of Zumba which was awesome.  I was as red as a beetroot and as sticky as anything afterwards and I think I even managed to sweat a little which for me is a very rare thing.  I can't wait till next weeks class, there are 8 in total so I am hoping that I can increase my own intensity and fitness level at each one.

After Zumba I decided to pop in and see my bestie of whom I had been a little shitty with over the past couple of days, actually who I am I kidding it wasn't just her I was shitty with but the world in general and me most of all.  Anyway, I am so glad that I popped in because we had a night of music and it was just what the doctor ordered.  I must also admitt that getting paid compliments from the opposite sex is always a good boost for a deflated ego even if it was only the booze talking, and I got a double whammy too Looks and Music - I am suprised I got my head out of the door hehehe!!

Oh I also hopped on the scales today at Gym and before you start to lecture, I know that I shouldn't have BUT I am glad I did because it has come down 1.1kg since the last Gym weigh in on Monday night.  87.6kg - 86.5kg....maybe there is something to be said about actually eating.

Antoher thing (for those who don't like too much information do not read this part), I still haven't used my bowels and it has been over a week.  I am feeling quite yucky so if nothing happens by tomorrow night I will have no choice but to help it along and I am hoping that this time that works because the last lot I took didn't. Mind you there was no food in my stomach then.

Well thats my day, tomorrow is massive and so I had better go and get some rest.  Thanks so much for sharing my journey and encouraging me each step of the way.

1 comment:

  1. Gee, I am glad you edited the shitty with me bit! I've done nothing wrong and tried to do everything right!
    So glad that your day was a positive one sweetie and I know there are more of them on the way.
    I love you heaps.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!