Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 4, Week 5

Ok so I have admitted it out loud and now I will officially share it, I weighed myself yesterday and it was down by 2kg - WHOO HOO!!

Today was massive.  PT session this morning and Zumba this evening and even though I know I worked hard because my poor old body is a little on the sore side, I am feeling FANBLOODYTASTIC!!

Todays PT session was my favourite out of all them and I am pretty sure that it was the most intense as my heart rate watch was beeping like mad.  Lots of conditioning work today which was really good as well as some upper body strength which is somewhere I really am lacking. 

Here's a brief run down (what I can remember anyway):

PT Session Feb 18th 2010

Warm Up - 2% incline at 6.0kph - 7 minutes

Cardio
*Down the steps and back up by two's down again
*Jogging with a sprint finish
*Up steps again by two's

Upper Body Workout
*Step ups
*Barbell press X 12
*Step ups
*Barbell press X 10
*Step ups
*Assisted Chin Ups X 12
*Step ups
*Assisted Chin ups X 10

MORE Cardio (as per above)

Abs
*Step up knee touches X 10 each leg
*Swiss Ball Crunches
*Step up knee touches X 10 each leg
*Swiss Ball Crunches with Medicine Ball

Cool down - Walk

Stretches to END!

By besties daughter Paige came with me to Zumba tonight and it was so nice to spend some fun time with her.  I am so glad that she really enjoyed it and it was so cute to watch her showing Neen all her groovy new moves.

RANDOM thought:  Paige told me tonight that she is on a health kick and to be completely honest it scared me a little.  Now it is even more important that both Neen and I be sensible with regards to our Eating and Exercising as the last thing I would want is for her to head down the same path that we have been on.

Food wise today I did really shit!!  I am in negative calories and I purged my dinner again, although not deliberately.  I think it was because I was rushing and not relaxed enough because the same thing happened last night.  If it continues I will look at getting some more fluid taken out.  Check out my Food ect HERE!  Tomorrow I am going to try my hardest to eat small nutritious meals often to help with my recovery and metabolism.

I brought myself another new toy today - its a Pedometer that also measures distance travelled and calories burnt so it will be my new best friend when it comes to training for the 4km - as well as my new watch of course.

Talking about the 4km, I also officially registered for the MOTHERS DAY CLASSIC 4km Run today!  But I won't be going it alone as Jhanine, Sarah, Paige and Kerriann (my Personal Trainer) will also be joining me.  We are the DETERMINATORS how exciting!!  I will be dedicating my run to my Nana who passed away from Breast Cancer when I was 10 years old and also to my Mum who was right there by her side the whole time.

Well thats it from me for another day, tomorrow morning if I can still walk I am going to do a Step Class - gotta say I am a little scared, hoping I will be able to keep up and not fall off the step hehe!


2 comments:

  1. I had the same thought about Paigey. We will just have to be good role models for her. You are doing an amazing job CK and a huge congratulations on the loss.I knew it would work. I felt it in my waters. Remember to make some relaxing time to eat as you can see now that eating actually works( so long as it is the right stuff)!
    Thanks so much for taking Paige with you tonight. She had so much fun and good luck with step tomorrow. I'd love to come but, as you know, my ankle is being a big turd!
    love you babe xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done to the both of you! As for Paige she could not ask for better role models than the two of you. Yo show her how to eat healthy and to exercise regularly to keep healthy. But you can also show her what happens when you don't. You are both happy and creative people who are human, you have your bad days to, lets face it we all do.

    You along with my amazing mothers are role models for your daughter and all other beautiful women out there. Keep it up ladies.

    I love hearing about what you get up to. xx

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!