Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Scripture Writing Plan - Day 9 & Day 10

OK, I am kind of cheating a little and doing two days in one. I am finding that when the days relate to consecutive chapters I need to do it in one so that it flows and makes more sense to me. I am also finding that if one of the days relates to only a section of a chapter, I am needing to read the entire chapter to get to know what they are talking about at that specific point anyway. So in essence, I am reading more of the bible than this 'plan' calls for. I've noticed I'm also thinking about it throughout my day and trying to relate it to my life; whether in the past or the now. I've also been trying to figure out how what is in the bible relates to my beliefs on the spiritual level and so far it's not that far off. Anyway enough of me babbling...

Day 9 - Matthew 11: 25 - 27

25.  At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

26.  Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

27.  All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

My Interpretation

So this is one of those examples of me having to read more into the chapter to know what it is all about.

In the previous verses Jesus was telling off the people from various cities that he had performed miracles in, for shunning him.  He was telling them that their judgment from God, his father would be harsh.  

In these verses, I think Jesus is thanking God for hiding his miracles from those who are not worthy, those too proud to believe that he could be chosen to be the son of God. and only allowing those willing to follow him (his disciples) to see them.  He is affirming to God that despite being rejected by these people, that Gods plan is the right one and only those that acknowledgement him as the son of God are worthy of following him.

Day 10 - Matthew 11: 28 - 30

28.  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

My Interpretation

Jesus is telling those struggling with life's burdens that he will help them carry their load by sharing it with them and giving them strength.  In sharing the burdens their souls will feel lighter thus giving them peace within.  Jesus despite going through his rejection has the strength and power to get through with only a light burden and so he is sharing this to show others that they can feel the same way despite that which is weighing them down.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!