Thursday, September 22, 2016

Gardening News...

We haven't really had much time at all to get out in the garden this week but we did achieve the following...


Mum brought me some potted colour so I moved my 'rock art' in the garden bed along the back patio and planted them in there.  They look so pretty, what a shame they will die off completely because they are only annuals.


We finished the front section under the mulberry tree.  Looks so bare compared to the greenery of the weeds LOL.


The biggest achievement has been getting the bike shed and kids outside toys all organised.  We gave the boys the incentive of going to the movies to watch 'Secret Life Of Pets' if they helped us to get it done - amazing what a little incentive achieves.  The movie was very funny and we even went out and had a family dinner before hand - very special family time.

Anyway back to the bike shed...

We were ruthless and managed to cull a heap of bikes that were no longer needed - the boys are going to sell them in their 'garage sale' along with all the toys I got rid off when I cleaned out and moved their toy room.  Oh my was that a big job!  Mind you; I had to clean the sun room, move my office from the alcove to the sun room, dismantle the bunks that were no longer needed in the Toy room, sort through all the boxes of toys, dismantle the shelves, rebuild the shelves in the alcove and then move all the sorted boxes to the shelves AND the old toyroom became the perfect room for a craft room (until it becomes Hosanna's room anyway).  So worth it though, it was like a cleanse/purge process and now our home is feeling wonderful.  

Before / After

But enough about that this post is about our garden!

Mark is going to build us a proper bike rack to make it easier to get our bikes in and out.

The rest of the crap in the before photo was all stuff Mark pulled out from the back of the shed.  He is going to build a rack to put his timber on and we are getting rid of the car parts and some of the laser light we found.  Eventually he is going to build himself a lean too out the front of the shed.  Lot's of little projects on our to do list...now we just need time to do it.

And as I have said at the end of all my other garden posts...stay tuned for more garden updates!

Oh an additional little note:

I can't say that I love gardening, but I am finding the process very rewarding.  So much so, that maybe I am actually enjoying it.  Let's just hope my black thumb has turned green!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!