Friday, September 2, 2016

Scripture Writing Plan - Day 1...Let the mind open!

Scripture Writing Plan - Let the mind open (and the heart too)!

OK I'm going to do this and I'm going to blog about it.

I very much feel like a fish out of water and the wording is very Shakespearean which I actually don't mind. What I'm finding the hardest is reading the text in my bible as its so bloody small that I think I may need a magnifying glass lol. Because of this I may end up googling a modernized scripture.


Psalm 121 - A song of degrees 

I actually had to ask Mark to teach me how to pronounce Psalm properly...the P is silent, just in case you don't know either.

Day 1 - Psalm 121: 1 - 4

1. I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

3. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepth thee will not slumber. 

4. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. 

Before I write anymore I am going to apologise in advance if the words I say cause offence to anyone, please know it is not my intention. Something I believe that I need to do when giving my interpretation of what the scriptures mean to me is just say what comes into my mind without filtering it - which for those who know me on a personal level, know that can be a very scary and dangerous thing for me to do.

OK here goes...

My Interpretation

1. I will look towards the horizon - towards the place where the hills stop and the sky starts and ask Where does my help come from?

2. My help comes from God the creator of heaven and earth.

3. I will be steady on my feet and God will not sleep, rest.

4. I think this one is just repeating No. 3 except personalising it towards the dwellers of Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!