Sunday, September 18, 2016

Weekend Gardening...

If you have missed my other Garden Posts you can view the last one HERE.  It also has links to the other ones too.

We finally got to get back out into the garden this weekend and completed a few sections that we had half done which feels amazing!


Saturday 17th September...



I planted two lavenders in here, as well as some Agis, Spider Plants and spread out the succulents.



Kind of feels crazy to remove Agis just to replant them again but they were a bit wild.



This hole in the fence was a space that people would walk past and throw their rubbish in. Hopefully they will think twice now there's and Agi there.  I also ended up putting a couple of the succulent cutting in there too.



Mum gave me a heap of these yellow flowering roadside plants so I thought they would look good here along the path.




How beautiful is my pig face succulent flower...she was loving the sunshine today after all the rain we've had over the past week OH and some of my seeds are starting to shoot up.



Sunday 18th September..




We finally got to plant our three Grevillea's and our Wattle along here today.  

It doesn't look like we did much but Mark moved three wheelbarrows full of soil from here over to the vegetable patch and then had to find a place for another two on top of that.  Would love to say we don't have to move anymore dirt but unfortunately, we do.   *Sigh - feeling as though we are never going to finish the back section*



Salad patch is all done.  The spring onion that was already growing was very tasty in tonight's dinner!  


Vegetable patch all done.  We planted the Corn and Beans along the back fence and the Watermelon is along the front - whilst I know its not a vegetable, Ace picked it out so it went in.


And lastly, while Mark was moving the dirt from the back fence; I got busy in the front yard pulling out weeds and making a garden bed under the Mulberry Tree.  I planted three little plants that I picked up for $1 each at the local nursery in here.  I also added a rock border to the back but unfortunately ran out of light before I could take a picture.  Hopefully I will get a chance to finish this section off tomorrow, in between work and taking Mum to her appointment.

ADDITIONAL NOTE:

We still have SO much to do that it is all a little overwhelming.  The thing that keeps up going is looking back on all the progress pics and the fact that it is really starting to take shape.  I cannot wait until it's all done and we can sit out in the garden watching the kids play in their pool and then light the fire when night falls and sit back watching the flames with a nice cold drink in hand.  Who knows, there may even be a special occasion worthy of celebrating in our beautiful garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!