Monday, September 12, 2016

Sunday Gardening...

Sunday 11th of September 2016

Mark and I spent the afternoon out in the garden again today...


But not before we went shopping and splurged on a few more plants.  


I fixed up the area behind the gate today and planted a Chinese Lantern (orange) and also a yellow climbing Jasmine (over in the corner) so that she will go up and over the gate.  There are 3 x Agi's at the front and some purple daisy's which will be a ground cover.


I also planted a Jasmine on the other side at the front so she will climb over the gate too.  I love the scent of Jasmine on warm summer nights.



My Herb patch is all done, now I just need to wait for the seeds to grow.  I planted Chives, Coriander, Lemon Balm, Oregano, Parsley, Rocket and Sweet Basil. 

Mark started cleaning up the 'fire plants' at the back today - not sure what to do with them exactly as we like them but they are just a bit unruly at the moment


We extended this garden bed, gave the plants a hair cut and planted a LEMON TREE - YAY! I had a few Lemon Balm seeds left over so I sprinkled them in the gap behind her.  The boys are as excited as I am - so much so they wanted to pee on her straight away LOL - I ofcourse said 'NO'!

I love looking at the before and afters.

A last minute addition of some Daffodils (thanks to Mum for calling to say that Bunning's had them on special) finished off this area perfectly.  I also sprinkled a few flower seeds through this section today - Poached Eggplant it was called.  


At the end of the garden bed above, I planted my Purple Hibiscus.  


I planted 3 x Gladioli Bulbs and 2 x Dahlia Bulbs in here - can't wait till they shoot up.

I also planted some Daffodils, Celosia's and Tulips in my 'English' Garden but unfortunately I ran out of daylight to get a photo.  Stay tuned for the next GARDEN post and I will share it then.

We still have a few things to do in the back yard and if the weather holds out enough we should be able to complete it by the end of this week...and then the biggest job of the front yard will start.  But, let's just focus on one area at a time yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!