Sunday, September 4, 2016

Scripture Writing Plan - Day 3

Day 3 - Psalm 62: 1 - 4

God Alone a Refuge from Treachery and Oppression.



1. My soul waits in silence for God only; From Him is my salvation.

2. He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken.

3. How long will you assail a man, That you may murder him, all of you, Like a leaning wall, like a tottering fence?

4. They have counseled only to thrust him down from his high position; They delight in falsehood; They bless with their mouth, But inwardly they curse.



My Interpretation

1.  So for me this is about accepting that God is the one and only God, the Father of all other Gods / Goddesses.  It is him who will save me, save my soul regardless of whether I pray to Ranginui (Sky Father) or Papatūānuku (Earth Mother).  But it is not enough for me to pray to the other Gods/Goddesses - I too need to acknowledge their creator.

2.  This is stating that God is the firm foundation and if I believe that, I know I will not be shaken as I have a solid base.

3.  The writer feels bullied by people and so asks how long before they stop trying to knock him down.

4.  The good ole rumor mill even existed way back when...as did it seems being two faced.  Looks like the writer had the balls to actually stand up and call them out on the bullshit behaviour he could see happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!