Thursday, September 1, 2016

Honesty...

"Advice is difficult, even when it comes from ourselves. Even if we can't put our advice into action, we don't need to beat ourselves up about it".



If I had a dollar for every time I heard the words "what would you tell your clients?", I would no longer need clients.

Isn't it funny how we seem to be able to give our honest opinion and advice to others, but when it comes to being honest with ourselves there seems to be an invisible barrier? Why do we choose to listen to the counsel of others when we know ourselves better than anyone?

Do we really need to be so perfect that we cannot just be honest about ourselves to ourselves? Why do we fear the beauty in the raw and formidably imperfect us?

It's time to be refreshingly, humorously, tactlessly honest with ourselves; to shed ourselves of the mask that hides the truth we refuse to acknowledge. To take the advice we give to others but only if the shoe fits, of course.  

"I give myself sometimes admirable advice, but I am incapable of taking it". - Mary Wortley Montagu

Photo by Natasha Hurst Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!