Sunday, September 4, 2016

Fathers Day 2016

Happy Father's Day!!

Well it's that time of the year when we celebrate our Dad's.

What I would give to have one more second with my Dad.  To hear his voice; to feel his embrace; to just sit in his presence.  

Anyway, I am not going to get all sad and teary because it is what it is and I miss him every single day but nothing can change that.

I do often wonder though what he would be like now?  All I have in my mind is an image, memories of the person I knew 20+ years ago.  He was 36 when he left this earth and although now I am older than him, I will always be his little girl.


Even though my Dad could never be replaced, I was lucky enough to have a wonderful Step Dad that stepped up and filled the role when my Dad couldn't and for that I feel truly blessed. 

So to both my Dad and to my Uncle Geoff (my Step-Dad), I say thank you for loving me unconditionally, for being my Dads. 

And to my Mum who has always felt that she needed to play both roles in order to ensure that my sister and I never felt the missing love of a parent; I want you to know that your love alone is enough, you are enough! Thank you for always trying so hard to be both parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!