Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Scripture Writing Plan - Day 15, 16, 17

I'm a little behind in posting but I have actually been reading the verses each day...

Day 15 - 2 Timothy 1: 6 - 8


6. Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.



7. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.



8. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;



Day 16 - 2 Timothy 1: 9 - 11



9. Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,



10. But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:



11. Where unto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.



Day 17 - 2 Timothy 1: 12 - 14



12. For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.



13. Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.



14. That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.



My Interpretation 



So again I needed to read the previous verses and do a little research to know what this chapter was all about.



This is the second letter written by Paul (an apostle of Jesus Christ, a messenger of God) to his dear friend and helper Timothy. Timothy, his mother and also his grandmother believed in the gospel of Christ and became Christians upon meeting Paul. After hearing good things about Timothy, Paul asked him to join his team, which Timothy did and he was appointed to lead a church of his own.



At the time of writing this letter Paul was imprisoned for his beliefs.


Anyway that's enough of a history lesson...here's my interpretation.



Paul is telling Timothy not to give up on his Christian life.  He is urging him to be strong in what he believes in and to continue to preach the Gospel, as like a harvest that is planted his hard work will pay off and he shall be rewarded. He is seeking him to ask for Gods guidance so he can understand what must be done.



Paul is reminding him of his saviour Jesus and his suffering to pay for his sins. He is telling Timothy he too may need to suffer for Christ as he himself is, but that his faith will not be taken away. 

God will be his salvation and those who remain loyal will rule with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!