Monday, September 5, 2016

Scripture Writing Plan - Day 5

Day 5 - Psalm 62: 9 - 12

9.  Surely men of low degree are vanity, and men of high degree are a lie: to be laid in the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity.

10.  Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them.

11.  God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.

12.  Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.


My Interpretation

1.  Yesterday the writer was reminding themselves that God was the one who was all powerful, whose opinion is the only one which matters.  In this section they are stating it again by saying that those who are not God; common or higher powered people:  will all be judged equally in the eyes of God.

2.  I think that this is saying that it is not that which we posses that makes us wealthy but our belief in God because at the end of our lives we cannot take it with us.  Material wealth will not save our souls, God will.  Money comes and goes - God is ever present.

3.  Spoken once, but heard twice.  So, it seems as though the writer went off the path but them remembered his faith.

4.  Despite how many times we have colossal fuck ups in life, God will forgive us regardless of what paths we have paved BUT we will be held accountable for our actions.

It is kind of comforting to know that wrong doings whilst forgiven by God aren't 'forgotten' so to speak.  That he actually does hold one accountable for their actions provided the ask for that forgiveness - they are merciful.  

For me personally I don't believe its God forgiveness I need to seek, but my own.  The wrong doings of my past I have to carry with me on this earth every day.  Yes, I can acknowledge my fuck ups and I can make sure that I never repeat those same actions again, but I can never take them back nor the hurt, pain, suffering that they caused to others, nor to myself and I am genuinely remorseful for those things. 

SO I ask God to help me to find a way to release myself from those burdens, to teach me how to show mercy to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!