Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Scripture Writing Plan - Day 14

Day 14 - Psalm 32: 4-6

4.  For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.

5.  I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

6.  For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.



My Interpretation...

Firstly, there is some debate over the meaning of Selah pronounced 'see-la' .  It seems that there are 3 different meanings; 'praise', 'lift up', 'pause' - so basically it could simply mean to take a moment to look towards God and give thanks.

I believe that these verses are talking about feeling heavy with the guilt of our sins, immoral behaviour, law breaking and that by repenting, confessing to God and asking for his forgiveness, that the weight will be removed from us so that we no longer feel as though we will be drowned by the raging sea of our emotions.

God will forgive our sins as he loves us and because Jesus was the one already punished on our behalf.

The rest of the psalm speaks of trusting and allowing God to guide us on our path so that we do not get lost on our way.

It kind of seems that we can make the worst mistakes imaginable, confess those sins to God and we will automatically be forgiven, but this isn't entirely the case.   From the previous readings I have read it isn't quite so cut and dry.  The best way I can explain it is that we still need to prove that we are truly remorseful, to live each day above reproach of those sins we asked forgiveness for and to also accept that we may need to live with a consequence of our actions.  The true test of Gods forgiveness however comes when we reach the end of the road and stand before him at the 'pearly gates'.

So I guess it comes back to something I strongly believe in and that is that sorry is just a word unless you truly mean it and are willing to prove that in action, by not repeating the same thing you were sorry for in the first place.  And, if you are truly sorry that you will be willing to cop whatever comes of your doing wrong in the first place on the chin (within certain limits of course).

Actions speak louder than words!

If you do the crime, you do the time!

Set your standards high and reach above them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!