Friday, September 9, 2016

Competitiveness / Options...

September 6 - Competitiveness / Options

"I have OPTIONS for my life, and one option is to see options."

'We were not created to work ourselves to death, we have learned to work ourselves to death'


Acceptance + Approval = Rewards + Recognition!

We have a saying in our house that Good Behaviour = Good Rewards, this I believe is the foundation for everything in life.  In saying that, I also believe that balance is an important lesson to learn.

For example:  

In our household we don't get pocket money for the everyday things that are just a part of life; like making our beds and cleaning up after ourselves.  We do however, give the option to earn some pocket money by doing an additional job such as; helping Mum/Dad with one of their, many day to day tasks.  This I believe is teaching our boys that in life we have the option to work hard for what we want, or to not do it and then go without.  This is how I was raised!  We always have an option in life...sometimes either doesn't seem very appealing but it's still an option we can choose.

In regards to the competitiveness, the book was really ambiguous, so I'm going to opt out of even addressing it in this particular post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!